Opposite to the Old Town, on the eastern plain tract of the river Isar the district Au is located. On this above bordering there is the urban district Haidhausen on the raised terrace of the river Isar.
Renovated historic buildings, chic bars and distinguished restaurants made the former workers’ housing area to one of the most popular uptowns of Munich.
The cultural centre “Am Gasteig”, with the philharmonic orchestra, the municipal library and the adult education centre, the “Muffathalle”, galleries and jazz clubs form the vivid cultural life in this quarter.
search now for a furnished 3-room flat or bigger in Haidhausen
Further highlights in Haidhausen-Au are the “Müllersche Volksbad”, the “Maximilianeum” and the “Deutsche Museum”.
- Many small individual shops and craftspeople.
- Vivid scene with many coffee bars, bars, beer gardens and restaurants.
- Good cultural offer with cinemas and events in the “Gasteig”.
- Very good transport connection. All suburban trains,Tram 15, 18, 19, 25, N17 and N19,
- Bus 55, 100, 145, 152, 155, 159, 190, 191, 9410 and N45.
- Parking spaces are hard to find. There is a parking system with license.
- See all offers in Haidhausen