Between the “Odeonsplatz” and “Stachus” the Maxvorstadt goes along with the Old Town. A right-angled road network runs to the west of the “Ludwigsstraße”. The “Wittelsbacher”, “Karolinen” and “Königsplatz” are integrated therein.
Al lot of cultural and artistic institutions of Munich are located in the Maxvorstadt. The modern art gallery, the old and new art gallery, the “Lenbachhaus” with the structure, the national graphic collection, the “Glyptothek” and the collection of antiques, the museum of churchly art in the “Georgianum” as well as the academy of visual arts and the university for music and theatre should be mentioned overriding.
In “Munich’s brain” there are located educational institutions like the Ludwig-Maximilians-University, the Technical University, the universities for politics and philosophy, the university of applied sciences, the historical course of lectures, the “Orff-Zentrum”, the National and University Library as well as the National and Town Archive.
You can find the State Office of Criminal Investigation, important parts of Munich’s tax offices and courts, headquarters of banks, insurances, concerns and utilities in the Maxvorstadt, equally the bourse, the Bavarian Broadcast and the Spaten-Löwenbräu-Group..
- search now for a furnished 3-room appartment or bigger in Maxvorstadt
- Good range of different shops and boutiques from exclusive to collegiate.
- Many coffee bars and bars, as well as restaurants of most different kinds.
- Libraries, many museums and some cinemas offer cultural variety.
- Very good transport connection. U1, U2, U3 and U6, U7, U8, Tram 20, 21, 27 and N20n N27, Bus 58, 100, 154 and N40.
- Parking spaces are only hard to find. A lot of car parks ease the situation something.
- see all offers in Maxvorstadt