Maybe Schwabing is the most known district of Munich.
As an uptown “Schwabing-West” has a very homogeneous structure, formed by many historical buildings, which were built in about 1900. It is located to the west of the well-known “Leopoldstraße”.
As a shopping street and a scene full of vivid bars, coffee bars and restaurants the “Leopoldstraße” lives up to its legendary reputation.
Artists like Thomas Mann, Paul Klee and Wassily Kandinsky established the reputation as an artists’ quarter. In the wild years of 1970 Schwabing was again the centre of the students’ and youth movement.
The near to the university, the English Garden, and the broad range of shops, coffee bars and bars between the “Münchner Freiheit”, the “Hohenzollernplatz” and the “Siegestor” cause the big attraction for Munich’s residents and tourists even today.
- search now for a furnished house in Schwabing
- A lot of restaurants, bars, coffee bars and clubs.
- A broad range of shops make shopping to an amusement.
- High recreational value because of the near English Garden, many cinemas, theatres, fitness centres, open air pools and indoor swimming pools.
- Very good transport connection. U3 and U6,Tram 12, 27 and N27, Bus 53, 54, 100, 123, 140, 141, 144, 154, N40, N43.
- Parking spaces are very hard to find. There is a parking system with license.
- See all offers in Schwabing